Economics 101 is essentially the uncritical and superficial study of capitalism. Granted, it is important to make familiar the language of our current system. But Economics does not just familiarize, it justifies. It propagandizes. It distorts logic and misconceives rationality to make capitalism seem natural, pure. It does not study society as it purports. It perpetuates it.
Archive for economics
Do you find yourself back on your RSS feeds after opening all your presents and eating your Christmas dinner? Well heres some Christmas stories for you to enjoy on other blogs that I have enjoyed over this holiday season. If you have any interesting Christmas stories please link in comments.
- Kayakdave has a couple good Christmas stories over at the Appalachian Greens. Ones a touching story about the shopping season and another good story about everyones favorite actor for Christmas Jimmy Stewart.
- Here’s another story about dogs at Christmas from Daily Kos.
- Buzzardbilly has a great story about Christmas under the influence of Reagonomics.
- Still Hungry? Check out this blog over at SagaciousHillbilly to see what he’s got cookin over at his place. (Not recommended for the Vegetarian)
- Got a new computer for Christamas? Lifehacker has some good suggestions to get your computer set in top form.
Well I hope those Christmas posts were entertaining and curbed your boredom a little. I know I enjoyed them. Now get back in there and visit with your family.